Jaipur Crafts Festival Disclosures, Exemptions & Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Be inspired by others in the time-tested model of creativity. However, directly copying other brands or makers is not cool. Please don't do it.
- Be a good partner and clarify details about design services, samples and production costs. You'll be expected to make deposits of 30% to 50% on the goods and services you order. Anyone who disrespects or cheats a festival partner will be asked to leave the event.
- Please respect designers, makers, vendors and event colleagues. We are guests in India and want to be invited back. Please don't do anything that endangers the Jaipur Crafts Festival or its participants.
- India is an observant Hindu country and may have unfamiliar or restrictive customs. For example, hotels that welcome unmarried couples will designate that they are "couples friendly". We want you to be yourselves, but also sensitive to the larger culture. The hotels we list are couples friendly.
- India craft business models are likely very different than what you're used to in western value chains. You will want to practice diligent project management. Craft makers have explainable, if inconvenient restrictions, with which you may not be familiar. For example, Natural Dye block printing stops when the humidity gets too high. The dyes don't stick in high humidity. You're likely dealing with living materials that have real production quirks. You're also likely dealing with multiple families of makers, each of which have their own rhythms. You have to allow enough time in your product introduction schedule to work with these makers as they are; not how you wish them to be.
The Jaipur Crafts Festival and Greige.co expressly do not assume any responsibility to correct product mistakes or resolve pricing disputes between you and the people who make your goods. Please be very clear about your product requirements and expectations, as well as payment schedules for goods or services.
We have spent years meeting and working with well regarded makers. We deliver practical advice and introductions to create successful new craft ventures. That said, your business relationships are created directly with the people who make your goods and the organizers are not involved in any way except to advocate for quality and fairness in all transactions.
The itinerary is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors outside of our control. We strive for the best possible experience and will substitute anything that must be changed with something equally or even more awesome!
To keep these events affordable, we focus on event programming rather than traditional travel and tourism pricing. Recommendations for higher levels of tourism service providers are available. Please ask.
Arrival & Departure Airport Transfers
Meals/Refreshments (except where noted)
Ground Transportation (except where noted)
Local Guides (except where noted)
Entry Fees & Tickets to Activities (except where noted)
Transportation to/from India/Jaipur
Travel & Medical Insurance (Recommended)
Additional Snacks & Meals (except where noted)
Tips for Drivers and Guides (At your discretion)
For inquiries or partnership information, contact us at email@example.com.