Faux Bois Lidded Temple Jar
Our Twig temple jar is a casual take on bold European faux bois finishes. The hand-painted wood grain has an exaggerated end-on-end pattern like that you might find on wood block floors. Certain design touchstones are traditional decorator code for design connoisseurship and bringing nature inside. To that crowd, faux bois is one of those old-school signifiers of evergreen chic.
Faux Bois Decorations are an Eloquent Wink
Faux bois is one of those high-low design favorites that establishes ambience by requiring the suspension of disbelief. To many, faux bois painting is a knowing shorthand for love of design history, graphic impact and the great outdoors.It is also the naturally graphic art of make-believe.
Affection for faux bois painting expresses a love of nature that predates the Pharaohs. Early examples of faux bois wood grain painting trace to third-dynasty Egypt. Other examples show up in Pompeii and Herculaneum before crossing the globe to China's Yongzheng Emperor (1723-1735).
Oxblood and dark brown painting have extra history in that the combination is from a color designers call sang de boeuf, as seen in classic copper glazed Ming-era porcelains.
Even if faux bois isn't your thing, the tradition and craft deserve regard and respect.
True, Hand-Painted Porcelain Vitrified at 2200 Degrees F
True porcelain is kilned at 2200-2600 degrees F, which alchemizes the color and base.High heat makes kaolin clay smooth, strong, hard, translucent, white and resistant to environmental challenges. High-fired artisan porcelain is a timeless design classic. Product Details:
- Hand Painted Faux Bois Porcelain
- Oxblood and Dark Brown / Sang de Boeuf Wood Grain Pattern
- High Fire Kaolin Vitrified at 2200-2600 degrees F
- Medium Size Lidded Temple Jar
General Information on Cleaning and Care
Dust and dirt are the enemy of clear, like-new, finishes. The best way to keep your purchase looking its best is to clean it frequently with a dry cloth. Beyond this general advice, follow these basics for years of beautiful use:
- Keep purchases dust-free. Blot stains and liquids. When you need deeper cleaning, use a lightly damp cloth.
- Keep your purchase in a stable temperature and away from direct sun.
- Do not use any caustic chemicals or abrasives. Stay away from harsh cleaners like alcohol, acetone or ammonia. Only use glass cleaner on glass.