One of the Oldest Traditional Chinese Porcelain Shapes
Mei Ping vases are one of the oldest traditional Chinese porcelain vase shapes. This tall, impressive Tang / Song dynasty classic (from around 960 AD) has flaring shoulders, a short round neck and small opening. Originally designed to hold wine, Mei Ping vases came to hold plum branches.
Modern Design in True Porcelain Quality
Our take is created with traditional blue and white Chinese export porcelain methods and modern sensibilities.The design features all-over, hand-painted cloud patterns on the top, which scatter into pure white blanc de chine porcelain.
The 22.5 inch tall size delivers dramatic scale, shape, pattern and color. The large size and narrow neck looks great with a branch, arranged flowers or on its own. Dramatic in pairs. Product Details:
- Hand-painted Kaolin porcelain alchemized at 2200-2600 degrees F
- At these temperatures, color glazes vitrify and bond to the clay
- True porcelains become smooth, strong, hard, translucent and resistant to environmental challenges
- Traditional quality with modern take on cloud motifs
- Impressive tall size
General Information on Cleaning and Care
Dust and dirt are the enemy of clear, like-new, finishes. The best way to keep your purchase looking its best is to clean it frequently with a dry cloth. Beyond this general advice, follow these basics for years of beautiful use:
- Keep purchases dust-free. Blot stains and liquids. When you need deeper cleaning, use a lightly damp cloth.
- Keep your purchase in a stable temperature and away from direct sun.
- Do not use any caustic chemicals or abrasives. Stay away from harsh cleaners like alcohol, acetone or ammonia. Only use glass cleaner on glass.
This order ships to you by Common Carrier. We are pleased to offer free shipping on orders over $3500 which is automatically given at checkout if your order qualifies. Orders less than $3500 ship at $195 per freight shipping item.
Freight shipments come with some customer expectations to keep the insurance on your order valid. Higher service levels are available (called white-glove delivery), at higher costs. Freight shipments are more of a business-to-business than business-to-consumer experience and trucking can be more rough and tumble than many consumers expect.
Delivery times for in-stock merchandise are usually under 3 weeks to your door. These dates include 7-10 business days for order processing to leave the managed warehouse and 2-7 business days on a truck to reach your delivery location.
Basic Service Level Agreement
Our basic shipping level agreement with the freight company