Store in Style
Set of 3 shimmering, hand-hammered decorative metal boxes with lids. Designs are unique but related in size, height configuration and texture.Each has glorious hand-surfacing, which creates a warm, interesting, ancient/modern vibe.
At first glance these storage boxes are shaped like baskets or tiffin lunch boxes. On closer look you see quiet, quality details along with originality and a modern point-of-view.The designs are loaded with personality and early modern style that might have come from the Bauhaus metal workshops in Dessau, Germany.
Sparkling Bauhaus-Inspired Design
The tallest box is five levels of deeply hand chiseled texture, created by vertical hammer strokes. This container has medium reflectivity and a black wax rub that highlights the texture.
The four-level medium height container is highly reflective. An irregular mirror finish comes from hand-hammering with broad tools to create a smooth shimmer similar to that of sterling flatware.
The shorter, three-level box, is stamped and cross-hatched in an all-over net pattern.This container's matte finish comes from black wax that highlights the contrast between reflection, pattern and patina.
These Gropius-inspired pieces set a bohemian mood via hand-hammered, stamped and hatched textures, (magnified by reflective metals). They make beautiful, useful decorative objects.Great for dinner rolls, buffet service (line with a napkin) or fast tidying-up.
- Hand Chiseled, Hammered and Stamped
- Different but Related Sizes, Heights, Configurations and Textures
- Decorative Metal Boxes With Lids
- Ancient/Modern Spirit
- Decorative. Not Labeled Food Safe
- Polished Brass and Black Wax
General Information on Cleaning and Care
Dust and dirt are the enemy of clear, like-new, finishes. The best way to keep your purchase looking its best is to clean it frequently with a dry cloth. Beyond this general advice, follow these basics for years of beautiful use:
- Keep purchases dust-free. Blot stains and liquids. When you need deeper cleaning, use a lightly damp cloth.
- Keep your purchase in a stable temperature and away from direct sun.
- Do not use any caustic chemicals or abrasives. Stay away from harsh cleaners like alcohol, acetone or ammonia. Only use glass cleaner on glass.